It’s PUMPKIN time!!!! It’s that wonderful time of year when everyone is obsessed with all things pumpkin. People are trampling their fellow man at Kroger to get to the last bottle of pumpkin spice creamer. My Insta and Facebook newsfeeds are completely clogged with everyone giving a thumbs up to the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks! The usually well-stocked shelves of Libby’s canned pumpkin are certainly bare and all for the love of the glorious tastes of Fall! I have to admit, though, I’m a card carrying member of the PFC (aka Pumpkin Fan Club), too, hence this insanely tasty, sugary, sweet Pumpkin Cookie recipe with everyone’s fave cream cheese frosting. Of course, they have to be given the finishing touch of festive fall sprinkles especially if you want them to be the #1 seller at all those Fall Festivals we are busy baking for.
This cookie recipe will no doubt please your pumpkin loving taste buds as well as anyone you are kind enough to share them with. I, for one, know that I just won the popularity contest at the office this morning when I brought them into work. Take some into your boss and you just might get a raise…….Hey, that’s a great idea! I better go snag one before they are all gone. I just might get named CEO of our company today!! Happy FALL!!!!!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Libby's Canned 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Festive sprinkles
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulate sugar until creamy, about 4-5 minutes. Gradually add in eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and beat on medium-low speed another 2-3 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add to mixer about 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down sides as you go.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. On a non-greased baking sheet, spoon out one tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until there is no indentation in the top of the cookie when you press down. Remove from oven. Let cool about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Let cookies cool completely, about 45 minutes, before icing with the cream cheese frosting. Top frosted cookies with festive Fall sprinkles.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add sifted confectioners' sugar to mixture about 1/2 cup at a time scraping down sides. Spread onto cooled cookies and top with festive sprinkles.
Here are a couple more pumpkin recipes that you are sure to love!
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.