The end is near, but I am not ready to say goodbye to all the deliciously ripe, garden-fresh tomatoes. I actually made my first pot of chili of the Fall season last night and as much as I enjoyed the food and the now much cooler weather, it is always sad when tomato season officially ends. But since we aren’t quite there yet, let’s make one more tomato dish.
We recently had friends over for dinner and I made this gratin to go along with our grilled chicken and pesto orzo. Tomatoes are so commonly used in sauces, salads, or just simply sliced, so I like that this dish is a warm tomato dish that makes a full side. The herb bread crumbs along with fresh thyme give them so much flavor, but I love that the ingredients for this dish are simple and not too complicated, but renders tons of fresh flavor! By using pre-made herbed bread crumbs that you can find at any grocery store, this dish is quick and easy and perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 1/4 cup herbed bread crumbs (I used pre-made bread crumbs rather than make homemade for the sake of time)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 large, ripe Bradley Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Layer tomato slices in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the slices with fresh thyme and pepper. Bake the tomatoes in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture, and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.