Yum, yum, and yum!! These pepper poppers are an Aunt Bessie (aka my sister) specialty! This year at our annual lake trip I was able to snap pictures so that I can share this delicious recipe with you. There is no man on this earth that doesn’t love this recipe. Hot peppers stuffed with cheese and sausage, wrapped in bacon and then brushed with brown sugar, this is a man’s munchie for sure and perfect for gameday around the TV.
- 1 lb (10 - 12) peppers of choice (jalapeno, poblano, banana peppers)
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound crumbled turkey sausage (cooked)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Wash peppers, cut off tops and cut in half vertically. Very carefully remove the ribs and seeds of the peppers.
- Mix together cream cheese, sausage, garlic and cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into cleaned peppers. Wrap each pepper with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle the bacon with brown sugar.
- Grill over medium high heat until peppers are soft and bacon is cooked. Serve hot.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.