Usually Monday through Friday in Mrs. Burgess’ Kindergarten class Hunter is a Busy Bee, but today Mama Bee and her worker bees are Johnny Appleseed and celebrating all things apple!! In honor of this very special day for Hunter and Co, I am sharing an apple cinnamon roll up. This fun little recipe is so easy to make and definitely is fall in a crescent roll! This is a snack that your little Johnny Appleseeds can help make, too.
I am so excited that Fall is finally on us although I know colder days will follow, but for now we are enjoying crisp mornings and warm afternoons here in Tennessee, so that is cause enough for a sweet celebration.
This is a perfect classroom snack that will get the kids involved in the kitchen.
- 2 - 8 oz package reduced fat crescent rolls
- 4 large red delicious apples, peeled and cut into eights
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Remove crescent rolls from can and cut triangles in half lengthwise to make 32 triangles. Place an apple slice at the widest end of the crescent roll and roll up. Place the rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush each roll with melted butter.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle generously over the top of each crescent roll. Pour orange juice into the bottom of the pan, but not over the crescent rolls. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
Ready for a fun day celebrating Johnny Appleseed Day. (Like his momma, Hunter is not a fan of dress-up, but today he was on board freckles and all!)
These would be Busy Bees look pretty happy today as Johnny Appleseeds!
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.