CSAs this week are filled with gorgeous green zucchini and now that the early tomatoes are ripening, it is the perfect time to make a super simple, but tasty saute. Just like the Sauteed Shrimp & Feta dish, this is another dish that is great for any night of the week, because it is very quick and easy and continues to be light and healthy for the summer waistline.
With four main ingredients, it is so simplistic in nature, but it is amazing how much flavor just a few foods can create! It is delicious served warm right off the stove, but also a great dish to save for next day’s lunch.
A quick and easy saute with garden fresh veggies and herbs. A light and healthy dish perfect for a summer meal.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into wedges
- 1-2 large ripe tomatoes, diced in large pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat oil and melt butter. Add zucchini and tomatoes and let saute about 5-7 minutes turning occasionally until zucchini has softened.
- Add Parmesan and basil and toss to coat. Season with salt & pepper and serve.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.