Today is your lucky day! It’s 2-for-1 cheesecake day, which is a perfect way to get in all those crazy indulgent calories during this Mardi Gras weekend!!! They are creamy throughout and then swirled with sweet strawberry puree and of course, they have my signature vanilla wafer crust. .
I recently shared this recipe on What’s Cooking with Ruthie for my Valentine’s post, but it is truly a great dessert for any time of year. These are especially perfect for a party when you don’t want to spend the time cutting and serving a traditional cheesecake. I took these to the office to celebrate the plethora of February birthdays and there was certainly no love lost on them and I think you will agree!
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 packages 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- lemon zest of 1/2 lemon (or 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons frozen strawberries in sugar, thawed and pureed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Combine crushed vanilla wafers, melted butter and sugar in a bowl until fully combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of crust mixture into bottom of each cupcake liner. Using the bottom of a glass shot glass, press crust into bottom of liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla and lemon zest and combine. Add eggs one at a time. Fully combine each egg before adding second egg.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of cheesecake mixture to each cupcake liner. Drop 5 small drops of strawberry puree to the top of the cheesecake mixture. Using a toothpick, swirl the puree into the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until center has set. Remove from oven and let cheesecakes come to room temperature. Let chill for 3-4 hours at a minimum or for best results overnight.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.