The month of February and March was like the Entertaining Marathon at my house with one shindig after the other. I recently shared the full menu recipe by recipe for the Mary Lillie Memory Club Luncheon and then after that it was a little party reprise with a pretty bridal shower for a sweet co-worker and then onto baby land for a fellow soon-to-be mommy with a navy and aqua inspired baby shower. The group was small and it was an early afternoon shower, so being in charge of the food, I decided to keep the fare light and simple. I will share some of the other recipes a little later, but in the meantime, this quick roasted vegetable recipe was a hit definitely worth sharing first. It is also a great recipe for an Easter brunch and pretty darn festive with the carrots and asparagus for your Peter Rabbit inspired table.
Most of the prep work could be done ahead of time and you can even get your veggies pre-seasoned in separate bags and ready for a quick roast after church.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place carrots on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, lemon pepper, salt, pepper and thyme. Toss to coat. Leave room on one side for asparagus. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove carrots from oven and turn. Add asparagus and drizzle with olive oil, lemon pepper, salt, pepper and thyme. Toss to coat. Roast asparagus and carrots for 25 more minutes tossing every 10 minutes.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.