Okay, folks! Just a few hours left to pull your goodies together for all the Valentine’s parties tomorrow. This cookie recipe is TO DIE FOR!! I mean TO DIE FOR!!!!! I am making exercise a top priority during my pregnancy, because it is definitely a top priority for me when I am not with child, but I’m here to tell you that I am barely covering the spread with my workouts compared to all the freaking sweets that have been going into this body. Being pregnant over Christmas, hosting a Gender Reveal party with only sweets, Hunter’s birthday and now Valentine’s Day, I am seriously dreading the glucose test that isn’t that far away, because I’m a little nervous about all the sweets. So, after tomorrow’s day of love or day of gluttony, I am seriously taking a MAJOR hiatus from all the sugary treats!!!!!!!
These cookies are so fantastic and delicious and just as easy to make as regular ole chocolate chip cookies, but just kicked up another notch with MORE chocolate, because there is literally not enough to go around on Valentine’s. I am going to report back a little later on my Fit Pregnancy challenge and definitely going to pucker up my lips and kiss those sweets GOODBYE!!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet and then a combination of milk chocolate and white chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Add cocoa powder, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix until completely combined. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture a little bit at a time. Stir until completely combined. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture in tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.