So, it is no secret that I have a HUGE love for wine! And if it was even possible, my love for wine has only grown exponentially while I am pregnant, because now it is like a precious commodity that I will someday get my hands back on again. When I entertain I usually put the most thought into the wine offerings, but beer tends to be an after thought that I just let Drew “handle”……however, since I don’t discriminate against any drinker at this point, perhaps I should rethink my libation plans and consider my hoppy-loving guests, too.
With the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, I imagine there will be lots of beer and wine consumed at the parties along with a plethora of food. We always tend to have the “girls” food in one room and the “guys” food in the other. The guys food is just whatever we throw down on the table, because as long as it’s food and they can eat it while watching football, they could care less, but we like to put a little more thought into the girls food. But who says we can’t have both…….why not invite the dudes into our culinary world and give our delicious dishes a little tasting with their beer. I mean the wine is already a given and it’s nice to pair up some cheesy treats for our vino, but RedEnvelope.com has come up with an awesome Beer & Cheese pairing guideline chart on their blog to maybe add a little refinement to those yelling, grunting men.
The recipe that I am giving you all today is definitely a treat! After rushing through a Sunday with church, lunch, naps, etc and then having to head out to your Super Bowl parties or get yours pulled together pretty quickly, this is the perfect quick dish that is easy to make, but never lets the crowd down. I have been making this Cream Cheese Pastry for YEARS and it is such a versatile appetizer that you can manipulate the flavors just about any way you want. It always goes perfectly with crisp white wine and from what I can see with RedEnvelope’s Beer & Cheese Pairing guideline, it might go pretty darn well with a pilsner or even brown ale. Go BRONCOS!!!!!!
This three-ingredient appetizer is quick and easy to make and super inexpensive for an impromptu gathering. A crowd pleaser!
- 1 package (8 oz) reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Red Currant Jelly (or other sweet pepper jelly)
- Crackers of choice
- Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out crescent rolls. Lay two crescent rolls on baking sheet to form a rectangle. Pinch inner seams together to form one rectangular pastry.
- Place cream cheese on pastry. Sprinkle cream cheese with garlic powder and rosemary. Fold sides of pastry up sides of cream cheese. Make another rectangular pastry with two remaining crescent rolls and lay over top of cream cheese. Fold sides down pastry and pinch any seams together to prevent cream cheese from oozing out while it bakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with red currant jelly and crackers.
#4 Cheese Knife
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.