It’s a New Year, which means it’s time for some new healthy recipes from my favorite private chef, Aly!
The best way to assure our success in keeping our resolutions is to plan our meals ahead with good, healthy choices that don’t leave us a slave to the stove. This way we won’t be overwhelmed and slide easily into bad habits. Super fresh fish with mustard, garlic and herbs tastes like a decadent restaurant meal but in reality is easy, hearty and healthy. Pair with whole grains and sautéed veggies for a meal that feels like your splurging! Here’s to a happy, healthy and delicious 2014!
Adapted from Bon Appetit's Mustard Crusted Branzino
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole trout, butterflied, about 2 lbs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk oil, mustard, garlic, and thyme in a small bowl. Mix in breadcrumbs, squeezing or pressing with your hands or spoon to saturate the bread, until evenly coated. Season.
- Open up fish and place skin side down in an ovenproof pan or on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Top flesh with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Roast, 10-15 minutes, until fish is cooked through and breadcrumbs are browned.
- Serve with lemon.
Thanks, Aly for this awesome trout recipe!!! I am so excited to have you visit every month. Be on the lookout for more of her amazing recipes next month. In the meantime, check out a few of her other recipes on her blog Backyard to Ballroom and be sure to follow Aly on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
If you like this lightened up dinner from Aly, you will love this Light Mongolian Beef as well!
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.