With an ice storm ahead of us here in Middle Tennessee, Aly from Backyard to Ballroom couldn’t have picked a better dish to be stuck at home eating!! Serve us up some soup, Aly!!!
This time of year, we’ve got to do anything we can to stay healthy and on track. I find one of the easiest steps I can take is to make quick, healthy dishes ahead of time that keep well and are easy to reheat. Soups like these are filled with veggies and lean protein to fill you up, but not weigh you down, when you’re zooming around town. Fresh, healthy and so delicious, this is the perfect thing to make when you have a few minutes this weekend and then enjoy it all week so you can have at least one less thing to worry about!
See you guys next month!!
This recipe was adapted from Food 52's Mexican Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2-14 oz cans roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 t coriander
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t turmeric
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 limes juiced
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium and add onion, celery, and carrots and sauté until onions are translucent. Add garlic and jalapeño and stir about one minute. Add tomatoes, stock and chicken and bring to a boil. Once chicken is cooked, about 15 minutes, remove chicken from pot, cool slightly and shred.
- Simmer mixture on low and add shredded chicken back to pot with noodles, spices, and lime juice. Cook for another 5 minutes, until noodles are al dente. Taste and season. Serve with lime.
Thanks, Aly for this awesome soup recipe!!! I am so excited to have you visit every month. Be on the lookout for more of her amazing recipes next month. In the meantime, check out a few of her other recipes on her blog Backyard to Ballroom and be sure to follow Aly on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
If you liked this soup from Aly, you might also like this delicious Lemon Honey & Rosemary Salmon
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.