Who doesn’t love shortbread cookies?! I mean seriously……buttery, flaky goodness that just melts in your mouth. Shortbread is perfect with a hot cup of coffee or a cup of hot chocolate or really with any drink at all. I recently picked up this really cool Nordic Ware Shortbread Mold at Target and it just helped give a little festive flair to my shortbread that I served at our office open house recently. So, with that, I give you the shortbread cookie for this “Cookie-recipe-a-day” for the Great Cookie Countdown to the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap big reveal on December 11th. Be sure to check out yesterday’s Ginger Snap recipe.
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cream butter until light and fluffy; beat in sugar and then vanilla. Stir until smooth and then work in flour. Knead dough on an unfloured surface until smooth.
- Using a lightly greased shortbread mold or 8x8 baking pan, press dough into pan. With a fork, prick all over the top surface of the dough. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes and then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 9 squares.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.