In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, the only thing on anyone’s brain yesterday was “Get candy, get candy, get candy, get candy”. However, today the day after Halloween, the only thing on my brain is “how could I have possibly consumed that much candy?!” Furthermore, how the heck am I going to undo the caloric damage?!?!?
Well, let me tell you how I’m going to start……by eating lots and lots of this mashed cauliflower. Several years ago, I tried a recipe and for some reason I just couldn’t get past the cauliflower taste. I honestly can’t even remember the recipe, but in a totally unplanned recipe creation, I found this one is shockingly similar to my Garlic Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, which I will definitely be sharing this holiday season, but in the stretched pants meantime, I will be eating this on the regular!
- 1-16 oz package frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 10 sprays spray butter
- 2 ounces shredded low moisture-part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 1/2 cup water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add frozen cauliflower and return to a boil. Cover and let cook over medium heat until tender (about 8 minutes).
- Drain cauliflower and place in a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash cauliflower to desired consistency. Add sour cream, spray butter, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir until completely combined.