As I sit here writing this pork chop post, my boys are in the other room playing with Evil Dr. Pork Chop and gang and it’s got me thinking that there is definitely a correlation between the fictional flying pig and this tasty dish. While on one hand this pork chop is certainly not evil – quite the opposite, in fact, with LOTS of flavor but very little guilt, but on the other hand it could be classified as a doctor…….”Doctor of Delicious Pork Chops, BAM” (in my best Drew voice). Combining some of my most favorite flavors and with those oh, so gorgeous grill marks, how could this dish go wrong? Well, it can’t actually because it’s pretty much “booyah” as I just heard them say completely out of reference as well!
- 4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Howell Farms Tomato Jam or to make your own try this recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine basil, garlic powder, sea salt & black pepper in a bowl. Rub each side of pork with basil mixture.
- Heat grill to high heat. Add chops and sear one side with lid closed about 1 minute. Open lid and flip chops and sear the other side about 1 minute. Reduce the heat of the grill to medium.
- In a small saucepan, melt tomato jam over low heat. Add balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Let simmer about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Turn chops to achieve your cross marks about 3 minutes. Flip again and cook about 3-4 more minutes.
- Turn heat to the lowest setting and begin brushing the pork chops with the tomato jam mixture and let cook until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.