It’s Sunday and that means Brunch Day!! Have I ever told you guys how much I love brunch? I have? Like 5,000 times already? Okay, well for the 5,001st time, I love brunch! Don’t you love a brunch place with a fantastic omelette, Bloody Mary bar, bottomless Mimosas? Well, me, too! Except for maybe the Bloody Mary part…….I realize that it is pretty much blasphemy because I am your #1 fan of tomatoes, but I just can’t drink ‘em, so I decided to eat one! That’s right, I will eat my Bloody Mary!
While this little guy didn’t win first prize at the Tomato Artfest Recipe contest or even win a “Special Honorable Mention”, which is still to be determined as to what exactly that means, it certainly won me over and allows me to enjoy the drink without the drink…….Drew loves a great Bloody Mary, so his opinion was especially important because it is somewhat of uncharted territories for me. This recipe got his approval and for that I feel successful. Topped with pickled shrimp, this kinda has it all in one delicious little bite. Crunchy crostini, creamy ricotta, tasty tomatoes and tangy shrimp! So, raise your glass or fork rather and toast to Sunday brunch!
- Crisp French Bread Crostini
- 4 ounces reduced fat Ricotta cheese, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons Howell’s Farm Tomato Juice Cocktail
- 1 tablespoon Absolut Vodka
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon each white and black pepper
- 4-5 drops Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Pickled Shrimp
- Celery leaves, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato juice cocktail, vodka, celery, white and black pepper, and hot sauce. Let marinate at least 1 hour or overnight for most flavor.
- Spread seasoned Ricotta on crostini. Spoon out tomato mixture over Ricotta. Top with Pickled Shrimp and garnish with celery leaf.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.