“Ain’t no salad dope as me, I’m just so fresh, so clean!
(so fresh and so clean, clean)
Don’t you think I’m so skinny, I’m so light and health-y
(so light and healthy-y)”
She said it and she means it. The super salad means biz-nyess in the lightweight category. Not only is she super easy to make, she is easy on your waistline, easy on your timeline and easy on your bottomline. The kitchen sink of salads of sorts, this colorful lady will win your heart over fork full after fork full!
And that was that…..I think I have a girl crush on this tasty salad!
- 2-3 ears sweet corn (I used Peaches & Cream), shucked and halved
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chiffonade or full leaf if small leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Ground Black pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot of salted water, add potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes until they are fork tender. Using a slotted spoon, spoon out potatoes and place in an ice bath.
- Place corn in the pot of boiling water that the potatoes were in. Let boil for about 7 minutes or so. Once potatoes have cooled, remove from water and let drain on a paper towel. Add boiled corn to cold water. Once cool, remove corn and carefully cut kernels of corn into a large bowl. Add potatoes, tomatoes, onion and basil. Carefully toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This recipe was adapted from Food Network's Potato, Corn, Tomato & Basil Salad.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.