Weekends around my house are for omelettes. I love eggs! I really really love eggs, but I don’t like the yolks, so my omelette and egg dishes are generally yolk free. My boys love eggs, but would rather keep their eggs yellow, so I have to change it up a bit every now and then to please my peeps. On Father’s Day we made Drew an antipasto plate and for that I picked up some Sopressata at the store. From the moment I said “Sopressata”, my next thought was “frittata”. With Sopressata frittata on the brain, I decided to make just that. Since it wasn’t my usual egg white omelette, I knew I could get away with the egg white frittata. Aside from the initial prep time for the chopped ingredients, this dish is really easy to make with very little hands on time. So, for your next at-home Sunday brunch, put a Sopressata Frittata on the table and I have a feeling your peeps will be pretty pleased, too!
- 12 egg whites
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Sopressata, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded low moisture part skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Combine egg whites, tomatoes, garlic, Sopressata, scallions, basil and Mozzarella cheese in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and serve.
- This dish can be made in a cast iron skillet. Place tomatoes, garlic, Sopressata, scallions, and basil in a cast iron skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat. Slightly beat eggs and add to skillet. Turn off heat and stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Finish cooking in oven until eggs are set.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support.