I recently shared these Greek Lettuce Wraps with Tzatziki Sauce on the awesome blog What’s Cooking with Ruthie. I realize I am a total contradiction to myself from post to post claiming one day to have sworn off breads, pasta and sweets only to post the next time on a tomato tart, but I’m back on track today with this yummy, light and healthy dish!!
The Nashville Farmer’s Market is exploding with every locally grown vegetable to be found, but one my new favorite foods to get at NFM is grass-fed, organic lean ground meat from KLD Farm. For this recipe I seasoned and browned the meat with Cavender’s Greek Seasoning and with the help of a little Bibb lettuce, tomatoes and Tzatziki sauce (lightened up with Greek yogurt, of course), I can enjoy these Greek Lettuce Wraps pretty much guilt-free. The glorious thing about them is that they are incredibly tasty and filling, but are truly on the freshest, lightest side of the food scale spectrum! With all that being said, let’s get to the point of this post, which is the low in fat, high in taste and flavor Greek Lettuce Wrap.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- 4 - 6 large Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 Reduced Fat Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cucumbers peeled, chopped and seeded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- In a large bowl combine ground beef and seasoning. Heat a medium skillet over high heat with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add meat and brown. Once cooked, strain off liquid.
- Lay out lettuce leaves on a plate and fill with meat mixture and top with tzatziki sauce and Feta cheese. Serve with sliced tomato.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth. Place in a small bowl and refrigerate for one hour for the flavors to marry.
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support. I am also asked to review and test products, but will only present products that fit the nature of this blog and that I believe in. All opinions are my own.