So, I am really on this fish kick right now! It must be because it’s summer, but all I want is the freshest, leanest food on my plate these days for dinner. Baked tilapia is kind of a go-to dish for me either when I am in a hurry or want to eat a light meal and for this version I happened to have fresh dill and grape tomatoes on hand, so it took the dish to a whole new level of freshness. I have also deemed it the Boogeyman Summer Challenge because I am trying to get Hunter to try at least one or two new things every night and so far it is working out pretty well. I have to doctor it up a little for him and with this fish I had to leave out the dill and tomatoes, but he ate it and liked it and as I have said before that is a success greater than most with kids! Last night the shrimp scampi was a big hit, so stay tuned for that recipe to come.
- 1 pound Tilapia filets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a glass 8x8 dish with cooking spray. Add Tilapia and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with lemon pepper, flip fish and season other side. Lay sprigs of dill across fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until is just white and will lightly flake with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish, but be sure it is cooked through.
If you’re in the mood for fish, here are a few more recipes to try!