I absolutely love strawberry season!!! I especially LOVE that Hunter Bear will eat them! Since we have moved our mornings are a bit different and I have to make breakfast every morning before school. I sent Drew to the store for a few things and he came back with his idea of breakfast that basically equated to 4!!!! boxes of waffles (they were “four for $9”, so it only makes sense to buy that many), a bag of chocolate covered donuts and blueberry mini muffins……..MY idea of breakfast is a bit different and likely includes something whole grain, scrambled eggs and fresh fruit, but time isn’t always on our side, so I put the leftover strawberry puree from Saturday’s Strawberry Bellinis to good use with these muffins for something quick and easy. It is a bit of a contradiction from my previous breakfast line-up, but even I will cave for the little guy with a sugary breakfast treat every now and then. I mean they do have fresh strawberries in them after all!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberries, pureed
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer, lightly beat egg, oil, and milk. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add strawberries to flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Add flour in batches to egg mixture using the beater bar attachment.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners or spray generously with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees or 20-25 minutes if using a mini-muffin pan.
Here are a few more strawberry recipes for you!!