When it comes to food there’s good food, there’s really good food, there’s exceptional food and then there is the Holy Grail of food. This dish qualifies as the Holy Grail of food!!! The saltiness of the tuna coupled with the sweet of the strawberries and then the creamy Gorgonzola makes this the perfect combination of flavors. Warning……this will cause spontaneous outbursts of enjoyment and excitement!!!
This delicious recipe can be served as an appetizer for your summer parties or placed over a spring mix for a delicious salad.
- 1 pound Sashimi-grade tuna yellow fin tuna medallions
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons good quality, aged balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 ounces crumbled Creamy Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Hull strawberries and cut in halves or quarters.
- Place berries in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle berries with sugar and drizzle vinegar on top. Carefully stir together.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until vinegar is reduced and thickened and syrupy. Stirring once while roasting.
- Rinse and pat dry the tuna. Heat a saute pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. In a small bowl, add tuna medallions, olive oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Once pan is hot, add medallions. Let sear for about 1-2 minutes or until you see a white/gray line slightly form on the side of the medallions. Turn over and let sear another 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully as to not over cook.
- Slice tuna and top with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries and Gorgonzola cheese
If you love seared tuna, here is another great tuna recipe:
Thanks for reading and to keep in touch you can Subscribe to High Heels To Hot Wheels by Email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to continue to create new content for my readers, so thank you for your support.