“Hey, What’s Up, Doc?” Ummmmm……..Thyme Roasted Carrots is what’s up, Bugs! Yesterday I made my first trip of many of the year to the Nashville Farmer’s Market and picked up the some of seasons first fresh produce. In my adult life I don’t think that I have ever made roasted carrots just for eating that weren’t cooked along with a tasty roast and potatoes, so this was a new one for me, but these carrots were just entirely too pretty to pass up and definitely don’t deserve to be chopped up into pieces, so simply roasting them whole seemed the like the best plan for these colorful guys. My thyme is making its comeback after a LONG, cold winter, so there was plenty to go around for yesterday’s meal. Never a meal without my herb-infused olive oil, the Lemon & Thyme-Infused Olive Oil was perfect for this dish. This is so simple…..preheat, peel, toss, roast, eat!!!!! So fresh and so good, good!!!!
- 1 bunch carrots, multicolored
- 1 tablespoon Lemon & Thyme-Infused Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel carrots. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out carrots and toss with olive oil, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes or until tender.