So like this recipe, I will keep this post short and sweet! Last week when EVERYTHING in our house was in boxes to move except for a very few essentials, I needed a quick and easy dinner. I honestly don’t know where the inspiration came from, but after scanning the kitchen for what I had left, which basically came down to condiments and snacks, I came up with the idea for Mustard Pretzel Chicken. I had no time to marinate the meat and even less time preparing some involved meal, so this is what you get! This is resourcefulness at it’s best. Did you notice my moving essential in the background?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup Garlic Parmesan Pretzel Crisps, crushed
- 1 sliced round of Mini Babybel Light Original Cheese per piece of chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour mustard into a shallow bowl. Pour crushed pretzels into a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in mustard and coat all sides. Dip all sides of mustard coated chicken into crushed pretzels. Place coated chicken in a lightly greased glass dish. Cover lightly with foil for the first 10-15 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Turn the chicken over once during cooking. At the 20 minute mark, place cheese slices on each piece of chicken.
Need a few more quick and easy dinner ideas? Well, here you go!