If you live in Clarksville, Tennessee, you know there is one place and one place only to get the very best beer cheese dip and that is the Blackhorse Pub. I have tried numerous times to recreate their delicious dip at home and have not even come close. Every time we eat there we get the dip and attempt to figure out what that one flavor is and I just can’t get it. However, like my other attempts at recreating a fantastic dish without the recipe, I didn’t quite get it, but eventually came in a close second (or says my adorable, supportive husband). Perhaps it’s the Guinness Beer and the lovely “Luck o’ the Irish” that brought me to my version that I feel is as close as I’m gonna get without the super secret recipe, but nonetheless, I find it pretty tasty and if you have never been lucky enough to have the Blackhorse Pub original, then you will be pretty darn pleased with what you get here!
- 32 oz Velveeta Cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup Guinness Beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat cheese in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium heat until melted.
- Stir beer, Worcestershire sauce,chili powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper into cheese until smooth and heated through, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. Serve with warm pretzels, tortilla chips, or Irish Soda Bread.