With the Oscars on the horizon next week, it is time to start planning your Red Carpet Party menu. I honestly wish I was one of those people who took the time to see all the movies nominated, but let’s face it, I have a 4-year old and no money tree in the backyard to pay those astronomical ticket prices along with a small shortage of time and patience to sit through that many movies, so I will channel my efforts into the Red Carpet!!! What goes hand in hand with a Red Carpet Viewing Party……..well, gorgeous hors d’oeuvres and wine, of course. If you want to please the crowd with a sure winner, these Prosciutto Wrapped Goat Cheese-Stuffed Figs will certainly take first place. It such a sweet and savory combination of flavors with a fantastic salty flair thanks to the prosciutto!
- 1 Corazon de Ronda Fig Cake (Found at Publix in the Specialty Cheese Section)
- 6 ounces Capricorn Brand Goat Cheese Log
- 1 - 6 ounce package Del Deuca Prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Break apart figs from cake. Spread about a teaspoon of goat cheese on one side of fig. Cut prosciutto in half lengthwise and then in half. Wrap prosciutto around fig and goat cheese. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted and prosciutto is lightly crisped.
Felino Cabernet Sauvignon from Mendoza is a perfect match for the figs.
Imported from Paul Hobbs Imports.