Anyone who knows my Hunter Bear can tell you that his favorite color is green, so it came as NO SHOCK when I asked him what color he wanted me to make his birthday cupcakes for his preschool class was that he said emphatically “GREEN!!!!!”. Keeping in perfect tune with his favorite color, Hunter’s favorite superhero is Robin. I’m certain it’s the green pants…..I hope, because I’m not totally sure about him being obsessed with a superhero sidekick. When he asked for a “Robin party” this year for his birthday, I thought for sure I was going to have to call in a favor to one of my party printable friends to create such a thing, but I was super surprised to find an actual invitation with Robin as the theme on Etsy from Honey Bops Shop. They were also able to customize a party pack and replace Batman with Robin, so that all the printables could feature his beloved idol. I feel like I committed an immortal sin in the world of party planning by caving in and having the party at one of those all-inclusive kids’ play places (no offense, anyone), but with all that we have going on right now, there would have been a much bigger sin committed if I tried to take it all on myself, so with that we will have playtime, pizza, and cupcakes all in a two-hour time frame. and I am kind of excited that I just get to show up and leave. I did promise him a Robin party, so “Robin Party” he will get thanks to all the festive printables, but I am kind of excited that I just get to show up with some favors and cupcakes and leave with no mess to clean up. I’m still on the fence as to whether or not I will make the cupcakes, but if I do, I will DEFINITELY be using this delicious recipe!!!!!
This delicious cupcake recipe is perfect for any time of year.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Green food coloring
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes. Gradually add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Slowly add to sugar mixture and mix at low speed about 1/2 cup at a time. Scrape down sides. On low speed, add milk about 1/4 cup at a time and mix until smooth. Add food coloring until desired color.
- Pour mixture into a lined mini cupcake pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set on a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before frosting cupcakes.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Add food coloring to desired color. In a pastry bag with the tip cut, frost in a circle starting at the outside of the cupcake making your way to the center. Store in the refrigerator after use.
His favorite part of his birthday were the balloons……
Let’s see that little face!