Pizza Pizza!!! I sure do love pizza!!! I love it………. a lot!!!! A whole freakin’ lot! When I get to heaven (let’s hope that works out for me), I am going to eat pizza all day everyday. I heard about this man in England that ate pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for like 23 years……I could do that. Some of my girls came over last night for a little birthday GNO and I know you know we drank wine, but we also ate pizza. Yummy , delicious, cheesy, tasty pizza!!! I probably should have had a little more pizza than wine, because I woke up this morning NEEDING pizza, if you know what I mean, but my bum bum sure doesn’t need any more pizza especially since my bike will be sitting downstairs all day by its little lonesome while I keep my new pajamas company…….they would have felt really lonely in the laundry basket if I abandoned them today for physical fitness.
So………..since I ate pizza, drank an extra glass of wine, won’t be working out today out due to the high maintenance new pajamas, I must deny myself pizza……sort of. I’m not technically eating pizza, but I did make something for myself that sure tastes a lot like pizza and keeps the food guilt seriously at bay. Thanks to my good friend, Mr. Turkey, I can still indulge in pepperoni and sausage and who says a little cheese will hurt you especially when it’s low-moisture, part-skim and there really aren’t too many units of heat in the leftover pizza sauce, so toss all that with some quinoa and I deem it “You Better Eat Pizza” Day……and I did and so should you!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 link turkey Italian sausage, browned and crumbled
- 20 slices turkey pepperoni, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded low moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- IN a sauce pan, bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cooked quinoa, pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, basil, cheese, garlic, salt, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper. Stir to combine and serve.