You’re my rainbow, you’re my star, you’re my bright red cookie jar.
You’re my goldfish, you’re my pie, you’re the apple of my eye.
You’re my daisy, you’re my vine, you’re my own true Valentine!
A festive breakfast for your special Valentines.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons cherry pie filling
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl or stand mixer, whisk milk, oil and egg. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (small lumps are fine).
- Add cherry pie filling and food coloring and stir gently to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir slightly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- For each pancake, spoon 3-4 tablespoons of pancake batter onto skillet. Cook until pancakes have some bubbles about 1-2 minutes. Flip pancakes carefully with a silicone spatula and cook 1-2 minutes more.