I’m not sure where you are or where live, but where I am and where I live it’s FRIGGIN’ cold!!! My deck is doubling as an ice skating rink and I need to pull my hair dryer outside to thaw out my car door to open it, so even though my fridge is nearly bare, this snow bunny is staying put…..at least until after lunch when I trade my pajamas for equally as comfy “more presentable” clothes and go to the store. With very limited options for lunch I decided to raid the pantry and make a spicy, creamy, soup for lunch. A couple of cans of soup, enchilada sauce, corn and black beans and the very last of the ground turkey in the fridge did wonders and if only it were possible left thinking I might just “sit right here and have another beer in Mexico”. Well, maybe not a beer, but an ice cold margarita sounds pretty, pretty good right about now with this soup! Where is the key to the liquor cabinet?!
- 1 - 10 oz can Enchilada sauce
- 1 - 10 oz can Campbell's Cheese Soup
- 1 - 10 oz can Campbell's Reduce Sodium Cream of Mushroom Soup (meant to use Cream of Chicken, but this was just fine!!!)
- 1 cup millk
- 1 cup water
- 1 - 6 oz can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 6 oz canned black beans, drained and rinse
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Badia Fajita Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Tortilla chips, crushed
- In a saute pan over medium heat, brown ground turkey in fajita seasoning.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, add soups, enchilada sauce, water, milk, corn, black beans, and ground turkey and heat through over medium-low heat. Serve warm and top with crushed tortilla chips.
Badia Fajita Seasoning can be found at Publix and most grocery stores.