Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich?! Cheddar, gruyere, brie, colby, monterrey jack……cream cheese and jelly????? In the words of Vector “Oh, yeah!” A spinoff from Fit from Conception’s Blueberry Breakfast Grilled Cheese, this won first prize at my breakfast table and will likely make the lineup for many more breakfasts to come.
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Strawberry preserves
- 4 slices honey wheat bread
- Butter or margarine
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and sugar. Stir until blended. Spread butter on on one side of each slice of bread. On the opposite side of two slices of bread, spread cream cheese mixture and on the other two slices spread strawberry preserves to coat.
- In a greased saute pan over medium high heat, place cream cheese slices butter side down. Let cook for 2 minutes or until bottom of bread is golden brown. Place remaining slices on top of cream cheese slices and flip. Cook until bottom of preserve slices are golden brown and serve.