This is truly a family favorite at my house and makes the PERFECT breakfast for Christmas morning. You can put it together the night before and set it out for about 10 minutes while the oven preheats and then let it cook while you open your gifts. It is easy to serve, easy to eat and easy to clean up. Drew pleases his sweet tooth by spreading a little strawberry jelly over it and it is most definitely Hunter Bear approved. This is a 5-star dish in our family and definitely a Christmas morning tradition.
This is a family favorite for Christmas morning!
- 1 pound Bob Evans turkey sausage, browned and crumbled
- 8 oz reduced fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 can reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brown sausage over medium-high heat and crumble. Drain off grease (if any) and pour into a mixing bowl. Add cream cheese and stir to combine. If using optional ingredients add to mixture and stir.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Layer 4 crescent rolls laid flat on bottom of dish. Gently pull to cover bottom of dish. Spread sausage mixture over crescent rolls. Layer 4 remaining crescent rolls over sausage mixture in the same manner as the bottom.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until crescent rolls are golden brown on top.