- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- Buttercream Icing (Wilton with some tweaks)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp.
- ½ cup of solid vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup (varies) of milk
- 5 drops of Yellow Food Die
- Cook cupcakes per instructions on box in white cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and shortening together until smooth. Add Vanilla, beat some more. Add 1 cup of sugar at a time alternating between milk. Beat until smooth. Add milk for wanted consistency. Then add Yellow die.
Kate's notes - "I used varies colors of yellow, cream, and white Jelly Belly’s to top of the iced cupcakes in rows to make corn. I melted yellow starbursts for a few seconds in the microwave to make them soft so I could mold them to look stretched. I placed it on top of the Jelly Belly’s to make the butter. I added white and black sugar sprinkles for the “Salt & Pepper”. Last, I added corn holders to the ends of a set (3 cupcakes)."