- ½ head leaf lettuce, torn
- ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 (8-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Sugared Almonds
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Mix the vegetable oil, vinegar, Tabasco sauce, parsley, sugar, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Combine the leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, scallions, celery, cranberries and oranges in a salad bowl and mix gently. Add the Red Wine Vinaigrette and toss to coat well.
- Combine the sugar and almonds in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook until the sugar melts, stirring occasionally. Cook until the almonds are evenly coated, stirring constantly. Spread on waxed paper and separate with forks to cool.
Dibbie’s Mandarin Orange Salad (from Junior League of Nashville’s Notably Nashville Cookbook