This is just a pretty plain and straight-forward post for your Sunday Supper. Maybe not for this Sunday since it would be 10 pm before you got to eat, but definitley one to put on the menu for next Sunday. After a little bit of prepwork, set your crockpot, head to church and by dinner time you are ready to eat. Tonight I am serving this chicken with creamy mushroom polenta, so be on the lookout for that one day this week! Truly, truly tasty!!!
- 2 Fuji Apples, peeled, sliced & cored
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 pound whole chicken, cut into pieces (legs, wings, breasts/with or without skin)
- 2-3 tbsp Rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp Thyme leaves
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Prosecco or white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place onion, garlic and apple slices at the bottom of a slow cooker. Place chicken pieces on top of onion mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Combine chicken broth and Prosecco and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.